XML parser: Element ordering?

Florian Lindner

Hello,

I plan to use the etree.ElementTree XML parser to parse a config file
in which the order of the elements matter, e.g.:

<A>
<C /><D />
</A>

is not equal to:

<A>
</A>

I have found different answers to the question if order matters in XML
documents. So my question here: Does it matters (and is more or less
guarenteed to matter in the future) for the ElementTree parser of
python?

Thanks,

Florian