XMLDocument / XMLDataDocument + DataSet / XMLDatasource / Datasourcecontrol

phl

Hi,

I am trying to design a good way of dealing with my XML data. There's
mostly like going to be less than 200 records.

I would like to be able to read XML data so I display it in my front
end , either manually or a bindable control. I would also like to be
able to update the XML data also from my front end.

Which of these controls would be the most suitable for me to code
something that can handle writing XML data, concurrency issues?

There's a lot of choice and some of there functionality overlap, can
someone please simply?

thanks
-phl

Guest

If you want to "keep it simple" the DataSet is the likely candidate because
it supports ReadXml and WriteXml methods that make it easy to use an
XmlDocument "file" as your storage medium. However, this does not deal with
concurrency issues, that's why we use databases instead of XML.
Peter