xmlrpc server running behind IIS as a CGI

Chris Curvey

Here's my server:

import os
import SimpleXMLRPCServer

class Foo:
def settings(self):
return os.environ
def echo(self, something):
return something
def greeting(self, name):
return "hello, " + name

handler = SimpleXMLRPCServer.CGIXMLRPCRequestHandler()
handler.register_instance(Foo())
handler.handle_request()

If I run this behind Apache/CGI, everything works fine. If I run this
behind IIS/CGI, everything hangs when I call the server (I have
confirmed that a "hello world" program runs fine thru CGI when called
via a web browser).

Here's the client program:

import xmlrpclib
server = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy("http://127.0.0.1:81/cms/Foo.py")