XP SP2 and IIS problems?

Rod

I have been very hesitant to install SP2 because of the conflicting reports
I've heard. Some developers say that installing SP2 on their Windows XP
Professional machines causes them to have problems developing any ASP.NET
applications (either new ones or existing ones). Other people say they have
installed and it all works just fine.

What's the REAL story?

Rod

Joao S Cardoso [MVP]

I've installed SP2 today.

IIS working, ASP.NET working and Local Debug also worlking. Using vs2003.

Seems that there are a few problems with remote debiug reported and the new
firewall by some users but I'm not using remote debug at the present time so
this is of no concern to me for now.

Cumprimentos / Regards

Joao Cardoso (MVP dotNET)

Joerg Jooss

Rod said:
I have been very hesitant to install SP2 because of the conflicting
reports I've heard. Some developers say that installing SP2 on their
Windows XP Professional machines causes them to have problems
developing any ASP.NET applications (either new ones or existing
ones). Other people say they have installed and it all works just
fine.

What's the REAL story?

No problems here, though I don't use certain features like TSQL debugging or
remote debugging (which have been said to be broken).

Cheers,

Rod

What is remote debugging?

Rod