XSL, XML and XSD

Guy Lépine

Hello,
I'm using an XSD within an XML document for validation purposes. I also
transform this XML document with an XSL document using xsltproc. However, I
cannot match the pattern for the base tag, when a state the reference to the
XSD within it.

Anybody has an idea? Thanks,

Guy Lepine

The scenario looks like this:

XML doc:

<basetag
xmlns="bla"
xmlns:xsi="bla"
xsi:schemalocation="bla bla">

<childtag/>
[...]

</basetag>

XSL transform:

<xsl:value-of select="basetag/childtag"/> <--- this does not return any
value unless a define <basetag> without the reference to the XSD