[XSLT:FO] Create templates from business forms

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Marcel_St=F6r?=

Hi all,

For one customer we need to transform some 100 business forms (registration
forms, etc.) into XSLT:FO templates - our application will produce PDF
documents. Up to now our intern has created those templates by hand using
the XslFast tool. For such a big number of business forms, however, this is
just too time consumeing.
Is there a way to automate this process? It would be great if I could just
scan the forms, have some OCR component parse it, and then transform the
result into a XSLT:FO template. Are there tools for such a procedure? OR
Could I just use the original business form as a background image and simply
place some textfields on the template?

Regards,
Marcel