    2.0 is a smoking foot-stump of a bad idea and HTML 5 is just a few egos
    throwing their toys out of the pram.

    Anyone else care to comment?

    Andy Dingley, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Andy Dingley

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    I believe that XHTML 2.0 is a very good idea and is a much cleaner
    language than any other HTML language we now have. However, I doubt if
    anyone need get too excited about it, pro or con, for quite a while.
    Although some aspects of it could be used in present browsers, it
    likely will be several years before most aspects of it are included in
    most popular browsers. I need only mention that IE6 can not even
    support any kind of XHTML served properly as application/xhtml+xml, and
    apparently IE7 will not either, at least at first.

    There are now many small computing devices in addition to PCs, and the
    need to exchange data in a standard way between them can only grow.
    Most of these newer devices are going the XML route. Thus I think there
    is increasing pressure to standardize languages as much as possible.
    XHTML 2.0 may or may not be the best and final answer for PCs. However,
    many in the PC community are so set in their ways, including some of
    the browser developers, that I guess it could take 10 years to arrive
    at XHTML, or something else, with many kicking and screaming all of the
    way.

    cwdjrxyz, Feb 13, 2006

  3. "Noalias must go. This is not negotiable" - dmr ;-)

    I just LOVE standards.

    Richard Sexton, Feb 14, 2006