YUI3 - thoughts?

joedev

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am wondering if any of you have experiences, thoughts and critique
of YUI3 that you could share with me?
I am considering to start using it extensively for a variety of
projects, but would appreciate your input.

Best Regards,
Joe

Every Facet, Every Department Of Your Mind Is To Be Programmed By You,
And Unless You Assume Your Rightful Responsibility To Program Your Own
Mind, The World Will Program It For You.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

joedev said:
I am wondering if any of you have experiences, thoughts and critique
of YUI3 that you could share with me?
I am considering to start using it extensively for a variety of
projects, but would appreciate your input.

It is still beta, but judging from
<http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/3/examples/yui/yui-core_clean.html>, it is
still much too bloated, thus not to be recommended. They can't be serious
that this simple example requires a download of 39 KiB of script code alone,
even though that code is the "minimized" version.
Every Facet, Every Department Of Your Mind Is To Be Programmed By You,
And Unless You Assume Your Rightful Responsibility To Program Your Own
Mind, The World Will Program It For You.

If you want to use a signature you should not use Google Groups, but a
locally installed newsreader application instead (I can recommend
Thunderbird/Icedove and KNews). Properly delimited signatures (with
`--<SP><CR><LF>', so not yours) are currently impossible with GG due to a bug.

PointedEars

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]>, Fri,
If you want to use a signature you should not use Google Groups, but a
locally installed newsreader application instead (I can recommend
Thunderbird/Icedove and KNews). Properly delimited signatures (with
`--<SP><CR><LF>', so not yours) are currently impossible with GG due to a bug.

(A) If everyone were to follow that recommendation, no-one would ever
know if Google fixed the bug.

(B) You mis-describe the delimiter :
(i) the following --
matches your description, but does not match an accurate
description.
(ii) at the user interface, <CR><LF> is not mandatory; and the
user cannot control the internal representation of newline,
<CR><LF> is of course what must be transmitted,
(iii) "'-- ' on a line of its own" may be the simplest
user-facing description.
(C) If the delimiter had been intended to be only detectable by
software, the sages could have chosen such as ' '. The chosen pattern
'-- ' is also easily and usefully recognised by human readers, even if
the space is missing.

You should not criticise the sigs of others while you are not using a
well-formed one yourself.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Dr said:
[nitpicking snipped]

You should not criticise the sigs of others while you are not using a
well-formed one yourself.

My sig is well-formed.

PointedEars