zip

kevin Loo

hi,

I am doing a program to zip and unzip a file in non-multithreading
situation. Anyone can help me ? Please.... urgent...

Richard Bos

I am doing a program to zip and unzip a file in non-multithreading
situation. Anyone can help me ? Please.... urgent...

If it's that urgent for you to zip and unzip files, go to
<http://www.pkware.com/>, and let them solve the problem for you.

If, OTOH, it's homework that is due this afternoon,
- learn to plan;
- see <http://www.wotsit.org/>.

OTTH, if you actually have a problem with actual code that has an actual
error, please post the smallest possible compilable example of code that
exhibits the problem, and a clear description of the problem, including
any relevant error messages.

And don't expect us to be telepathic.

Richard

mcheu

hi,

I am doing a program to zip and unzip a file in non-multithreading
situation. Anyone can help me ? Please.... urgent...

Look for the zlib library. There are even simple c source examples
for simple zip and unzip programs included. Not the clearest code,
and certainly doesn't ANSI compliant code, but it will compile on most
compilers without too many changes.

If you're required to do it from scratch, pop over to the pkware ftp.
Here's a whitepaper on the ZIP file format that should be helpful.

http://www.pkware.com/products/enterprise/white_papers/appnote.html