zipfile handling

ad-hoc

is there a rename utility for zipfile that can rename a directory
inside a zipfile? also what's the best way to change the a file
content inside a zip?

So if i have the following file in the zip file:

A/a1.txt
A/a2.txt
B/b1.txt

I want to rename A to be A1, and B to be B1, as well as changing the
content of a1.txt and b1.txt.

I can certainly extract them to filesystem then rezip, but there might
be a better way to do this?

thanks.

Larry Bates

ad-hoc said:
is there a rename utility for zipfile that can rename a directory
inside a zipfile? also what's the best way to change the a file
content inside a zip?

So if i have the following file in the zip file:

A/a1.txt
A/a2.txt
B/b1.txt

I want to rename A to be A1, and B to be B1, as well as changing the
content of a1.txt and b1.txt.

I can certainly extract them to filesystem then rezip, but there might
be a better way to do this?

thanks.

Nope not a better way. The zipping requires that you go through the process to
get a proper zip file.

-Larry