0X80070005 access denied error in my ASP!!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Keith, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Well, no doubt this is a permissions issue. I don't know
    much about how your app was created, but there are two
    things you need to look at ... one being the most likely
    source of your issue:

    1. Have him look at the Directory Security settings in
    the Internet Information Services MMC snap-in. The best
    way on most recent Win32 OSes to get there is right-
    clicking on my computer, selecting manage, expanding
    Services and Applications, expanding Internet Information
    Services and then expanding Web Sites. Have him look
    under Default Web Site for your application. If you gave
    him a folder named MyWebsite it should appear under this
    tree regardless of how he added it. Then have him right
    click and select properties. Under that go to the
    directory security tab and select Edit under Anonymous
    Access and Authentication control. The typical culprit
    is that the user that Anonymous Access is set to does not
    A. Have permissions in the file system to read the files
    or perform the actions your app requires B. The password
    entered for the user is incorrect.

    This is really just a little insight around the problem,
    as your permission error could also be related to what
    you're trying to do in the website code itself. Perhaps
    this will get you started though.

    denied to
    >'C:\interput\wwwroot\Tourist Information

    System\web.config'

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004