2.0 problem

Guest

Hi all, Every few days my asp.net 2.0 web app gives the error below. I have
to go in and issue a iisreset command and then delete all the temporary
asp.net files in the 2.0 folder for it to start working again. What is going
on?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_nr8ih6ru, Version=0.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system
cannot find the file specified.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or
assembly 'App_Web_nr8ih6ru, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the
file specified.

TIA!

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Param,

Thank you for posting.

As for the "Could not load file or assembly" error, I've also noticed some
other customers and community members report such issue. And in most cases,
the problem is caused by some page which include or reference some other
ascx usercontrols or uesrcontrols has nested usercontrols.... Is this
also your case? For test, when the application running correctly ,you can
go to the .NET 2.0's ASP.NET temporarly dir and find the problem assembly
(App_Web_nr8ih6ru, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null' in your case) and use reflector to check what's the
page and usercontrols in this assembly.

Meanwhile, you can also try avoid this issue by either turning off batching
- in web.config, set <compilation batch="false"/>, or, when the error
occurs, do a clean re-build for the application using precompilation tool:

aspnet_compiler -v <your app name> -c

This will force a clean re-build for your application. It will shorten
response time for first request dramatically. (It is recommended to always
do a clean re-build whenever changes made to a web site.)

Please let me know your result.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Guest

YEs, we do have nested usercontrols. Let me try disabling batching. Will
that impact my app in anyway?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

This will prevent the ASP.NET runtime compare all the page classes at one
time, we can just have a test on this. If those suggestions not work, I'm
afraid so far we haven't any definite means and it may require further
throubleshooting. You can try searching in the MSDN feedback center to
lookup some existing bugs listed there:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/default.aspx

If no ones find there, you can submit a new record on t his.