2005 ICFP Programming Contest

Discussion in 'Java' started by Robby Findler, May 29, 2005.

  1. Think your favorite programming language is the best one out
    there? Put it to the test in this year's International Conference
    on Functional Programming's annual Programming Contest. The
    contest is coming up in a little under 4 weeks and we have just
    released more information (including a live cd, mailing list, and
    prize details) to the web page, at:

    http://icfpc.plt-scheme.org/

    This year's competition rewards programmers who can plan ahead. As
    before, we'll announce a problem and give you three days to solve it.
    Two weeks later, we'll announce a change to the problem specification
    and give you one day to adapt your program to the new spec. And you
    guessed it: the second half will be worth considerably more than the
    first.

    Important dates:

    Problem announced: Friday, June 24th, 9:00am CDT (UTC-6)
    Initial entries due: Monday, June 27th, 9:00am CDT (UTC-6)
    Revision announced: Saturday, July 9th, 9:00am CDT (UTC-6)
    Final entries due: Sunday, July 10th, 9:00am CDT (UTC-6)

    ICFP Contest Organizers
    Robby Findler, May 29, 2005