ICFP Contest Reminder

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Nate Foster, May 31, 2004.

  1. Nate Foster

    Nate Foster Guest

    There are less than 4 days until the start of the 2004 ICFP
    Programming Contest! The contest begins Friday (June 4) at 16:00 UTC
    and lasts for three days. It is open to anyone.

    We have a range of exciting prizes for the winners (pending final
    budget approval):

    * First prize: $1000, free conference registration for two student
    team members, and the satisfaction of hearing the judges
    proclaim your programming language "the programming tool of
    choice for discriminating hackers."

    * Second prize: $300, free conference registration for one student
    team member, and the consolation of hearing us proclaim your
    programming language "a fine programming tool for many
    applications."

    * Lightning prize: $100, and the joy of hearing us esteem
    your programming language as "very suitable for rapid
    prototyping."

    * Judges prize: $100, and the pleasure of hearing us call you a
    group of "extremely cool hackers."

    More details can be found on our website:

    http://icfpcontest.org/

    and in the contest announcement appended to this message.

    So... "Oil the treadmill bearings and feed your squirrels; check the
    LN2 levels in the cooling dewars; limber up your hands and pop your
    ibuprofen; stock up on the French roast and double-check the grinder
    settings, because it'll all kick loose on [Friday]!" (Shivers &
    Feeley, 1st ICFP Contest)

    --PLClub
    University of Pennsylvania

    Nate Foster, May 31, 2004