Announcement: 2004 ICFP Programming Contest

Discussion in 'Python' started by Nate Foster, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. Nate Foster

    Nate Foster Guest

    We are pleased to announce

    The Seventh Annual

    ICFP PROGRAMMING CONTEST

    4 June - 7 June 2004

    http://icfpcontest.org/

    Convinced your favorite programming language provides unbeatable
    productivity? Convinced you and your friends are world-class
    programmers?

    If so, we're providing you the opportunity to prove it! We are
    pleased to announce the Seventh ICFP Programming Contest to be held in
    conjunction with the 2004 International Conference on Functional
    Programming (ICFP 2004). All programmers are invited to enter the
    contest, either individually or in teams; we especially encourage
    students to enter. You may use any programming language (or
    combination of languages) to show your skill.

    On Friday, 4 June 2004 at 12:00 Noon (EDT), we will publish a
    challenge task on the Web site and by e-mail to the contest mailing
    list. Teams will have 72 hours until Monday, 7 June 2004, 12:00 Noon
    (EDT) to implement a program to perform this task and submit it to the
    contest judges. We have designed the contest for direct, head-to-head
    comparison of language technology and programming skill. We have a
    range of prizes including cash awards and, of course, unlimited
    bragging rights for the winners.

    For more information about the contest, prizes, and registration,
    point your browser to the contest website:

    http://icfpcontest.org

    For more information about previous contests, see:

    http://icfpcontest.org/history.php

    -- Contest Team

    Nate Foster, Apr 27, 2004