70-554 Exam Marking Criteria

Chamith

Hi Everyone,

This morning I happened to sit for the 70-554 exam and got through it with
just 700 marks.
However with the detailed result sheet, i got confused since it was not of
the type that i ever have expected it to be.
It looks like the following

SECTIONAL RESULTS:

70-529: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Distributed Application
Development

70-549: PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications by Using the
Microsoft .NET Framework

According to the progress-bar values, the marks i've scored for 529 is close
to 820 and for 549 it's 700.
From what i understand with this is, the exam is broken into two parts and
the candidate is assessed by the minimum score he/she gets.

Any thoughts on this?

Chamith

CT

First of all, congrats. :)

Now, it's been a while, but I would assume that if the two individual exams
make up for 50% of the total, the score from the two exams would be added up
and then divided by two. If that isn't case, I do know that for some
courses, 700 is a passing score.

CT

First of all, congrats. :)

Now, it's been a while, but I would assume that if the two individual exams
make up for 50% of the total, the score from the two exams would be added up
and then divided by two. If that isn't case, I do know that for some
courses, 700 is a passing score.

Guest

I don't think that there is any deterministic relationship between those
scores. They are just an indicator of what areas need more improvement, and
that is what you need to focus on.