    I'm thinking of copying this-
    <http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    -design. It works so well on so many levels.

    tm, May 27, 2005

  2. tm

    Nik Coughin Guest

    tm wrote:
    > I'm thinking of copying this-
    > <http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    > -design. It works so well on so many levels.

    Just to add something constructive, it's crap :) Fixed width table based
    layout knocked up in Dreamweaver, annoying animations and the front page is
    273k which means it takes nearly a minute to load over dial up. The
    graphics aren't particularly nice either. Going further into the site, it
    makes extensive use of frames. There are places where the text is
    misaligned. Yuck yuck yuck.

    Nik Coughin, May 27, 2005

  3. Nik Coughin wrote:

    > tm wrote:

    >> I'm thinking of copying this-
    >> <http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    >> -design. It works so well on so many levels.

    > Just to add something constructive, it's crap :) Fixed width table based
    > layout knocked up in Dreamweaver, annoying animations and the front page is
    > 273k which means it takes nearly a minute to load over dial up. The
    > graphics aren't particularly nice either. Going further into the site, it
    > makes extensive use of frames. There are places where the text is
    > misaligned. Yuck yuck yuck.

    So, like...other than that, how is it? ;)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 27, 2005
  4. tm

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, May 27, 2005
  5. tm

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Nik Coughin wrote:
    >
    >> tm wrote:

    >>> I'm thinking of copying this-
    >>> <http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    >>> -design. It works so well on so many levels.

    >> Just to add something constructive, it's crap :) Fixed width table
    >> based layout knocked up in Dreamweaver, annoying animations and the
    >> front page is 273k which means it takes nearly a minute to load over
    >> dial up. The graphics aren't particularly nice either. Going
    >> further into the site, it makes extensive use of frames. There are
    >> places where the text is misaligned. Yuck yuck yuck.

    > So, like...other than that, how is it? ;)

    Even better with a screen reader!

    Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
    Click here to purchase tickets for the Nassau Coliseum!
    Site Content © 2003 Nassau Veteran Memorial Coliseum - Designed and
    Maintained by KCNY Design

    Nik Coughin, May 27, 2005
  6. tm

    tm Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Nik Coughin wrote:
    > > tm wrote:

    > >> I'm thinking of copying this-
    > >> <http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    > >> -design. It works so well on so many levels.

    > > Just to add something constructive, it's crap :) Fixed width table based
    > > layout knocked up in Dreamweaver, annoying animations and the front page is
    > > 273k which means it takes nearly a minute to load over dial up. The
    > > graphics aren't particularly nice either. Going further into the site, it
    > > makes extensive use of frames. There are places where the text is
    > > misaligned. Yuck yuck yuck.

    > So, like...other than that, how is it? ;)

    I'm confused, are you guys saying it's not a great design? I never can
    tell with youall, your sense of humour is so subtle.

    Ahch, nevermind. I've already decided to go with-
    <http://www.football.com>

    Can anyone tell me how to get a similar fantastic blinking ad onto my
    site? If only I had that i could be a millionaire.

    tm, May 27, 2005
  7. tm

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Nik Coughin <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> said:

    > Even better with a screen reader!

    <snip>
    > Maintained by KCNY Design

    Whose site is even better! In Lynx:

    [EMBED]

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, May 27, 2005
  8. tm

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:
    > Previously in alt.html, Nik Coughin <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> said:
    >
    >> Yuck yuck yuck.

    > Come on, don't be shy. Tell us what you really think.

    It made me feel dirty.

    Nik Coughin, May 27, 2005
  9. On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:49:05 +0900, tm <> wrote:

    >I'm thinking of copying this-
    ><http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    >-design. It works so well on so many levels.

    Hmm...

    "Click here to get plugin" ?

    ....no thanks.

    It just so happens that I'm behind my company proxy at this time; to
    get that plug-in I would have to see my sys-admin and ask for
    permission to install it. Too much trouble for one site I'd say.

    No disrespect for the veterans but their webmaster needs to be
    educated in several areas.

    --
    Rex

    Jan Roland Eriksson, May 27, 2005
  10. Nik Coughin wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Nik Coughin wrote:

    >>> Just to add something constructive, it's crap :) Fixed width table
    >>> based layout knocked up in Dreamweaver, annoying animations and the
    >>> front page is 273k which means it takes nearly a minute to load over
    >>> dial up. The graphics aren't particularly nice either. Going
    >>> further into the site, it makes extensive use of frames. There are
    >>> places where the text is misaligned. Yuck yuck yuck.

    >> So, like...other than that, how is it? ;)

    > Even better with a screen reader!

    With your speakers off? :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 27, 2005
  11. tm

    SpaceGirl Guest

    tm wrote:
    > I'm thinking of copying this-
    > <http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    > -design. It works so well on so many levels.

    I take it you are either trolling or joking :)

    SpaceGirl, May 27, 2005
  12. tm

    tm Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:
    > tm wrote:

    > > I'm thinking of copying this-
    > > <http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    > > -design. It works so well on so many levels.

    > I take it you are either trolling or joking :)

    Must I choose?

    tm, May 27, 2005
  13. Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:
    > It just so happens that I'm behind my company proxy at this time; to
    > get that plug-in I would have to see my sys-admin and ask for
    > permission to install it...

    So, wasting company time reading newsgroups and surfing the web. Does
    your boss know this is what you do while you should be working?

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, May 27, 2005
  14. tm

    tm Guest

    Travis Newbury wrote:
    > Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:

    > > It just so happens that I'm behind my company proxy at this time; to
    > > get that plug-in I would have to see my sys-admin and ask for
    > > permission to install it...

    > So, wasting company time reading newsgroups and surfing the web. Does
    > your boss know this is what you do while you should be working?

    Why, yes she does. Not only does she encourage this behavior but she
    sometimes straps herself to the desk and begs for sex. Don't you wish
    you were me?

    tm, May 27, 2005
  15. tm

    mark | r Guest

    s.h.i.t.e

    mark
    www.iosilver.co.uk
    designer sterlign silver jewellery

    mark | r, May 27, 2005
  16. tm

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:49:05 +0900, tm <> wrote:

    >I'm thinking of copying this-
    ><http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    >-design. It works so well on so many levels.

    Spam or troll ? That's one ugly and badly done site!

    Andy Dingley, May 27, 2005
  17. tm wrote:
    > > So, wasting company time reading newsgroups and surfing the web. Does
    > > your boss know this is what you do while you should be working?

    > Why, yes she does. Not only does she encourage this behavior but she
    > sometimes straps herself to the desk and begs for sex. Don't you wish
    > you were me?

    I have seen your boss.... I know why she has to beg for sex... I fear
    for you... (0.o)

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, May 27, 2005
  18. In article <>,
    lid says...
    > I'm thinking of copying this-
    > <http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
    > -design. It works so well on so many levels.

    It's shit.

    --
    Hywel

    Kill the Crazy Frog
    http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/

    Hywel Jenkins, May 27, 2005
  19. In article <>,
    lid says...
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > > Nik Coughin wrote:

    > > > Just to add something constructive, it's crap :) Fixed width table based
    > > > layout knocked up in Dreamweaver, annoying animations and the front page is
    > > > 273k which means it takes nearly a minute to load over dial up. The
    > > > graphics aren't particularly nice either. Going further into the site, it
    > > > makes extensive use of frames. There are places where the text is
    > > > misaligned. Yuck yuck yuck.

    > > So, like...other than that, how is it? ;)

    > I'm confused, are you guys saying it's not a great design? I never can
    > tell with youall, your sense of humour is so subtle.
    >
    > Ahch, nevermind. I've already decided to go with-
    > <http://www.football.com>

    That's worse. It really is fscking awful.

    Hywel Jenkins, May 27, 2005
  20. tm

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Travis Newbury <>

    > Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:
    >> It just so happens that I'm behind my company proxy at this time; to
    >> get that plug-in I would have to see my sys-admin and ask for
    >> permission to install it...

    > So, wasting company time reading newsgroups and surfing the web. Does
    > your boss know this is what you do while you should be working?

    Wow! Maybe you are not the easy going guy you appear from 'roll with it'
    website views...

    :)

    dorayme

    dorayme, May 28, 2005