a good website?

Nik Coughin

tm said:
I'm thinking of copying this-
<http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
-design. It works so well on so many levels.

Just to add something constructive, it's crap :) Fixed width table based
layout knocked up in Dreamweaver, annoying animations and the front page is
273k which means it takes nearly a minute to load over dial up. The
graphics aren't particularly nice either. Going further into the site, it
makes extensive use of frames. There are places where the text is
misaligned. Yuck yuck yuck.

Blinky the Shark

Nik said:
tm wrote:
Just to add something constructive, it's crap :) Fixed width table based
layout knocked up in Dreamweaver, annoying animations and the front page is
273k which means it takes nearly a minute to load over dial up. The
graphics aren't particularly nice either. Going further into the site, it
makes extensive use of frames. There are places where the text is
misaligned. Yuck yuck yuck.

So, like...other than that, how is it? ;)

Nik Coughin

Blinky said:
So, like...other than that, how is it? ;)

Even better with a screen reader!

Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Click here to purchase tickets for the Nassau Coliseum!
Site Content © 2003 Nassau Veteran Memorial Coliseum - Designed and
Maintained by KCNY Design

tm

Blinky said:
So, like...other than that, how is it? ;)

I'm confused, are you guys saying it's not a great design? I never can
tell with youall, your sense of humour is so subtle.

Ahch, nevermind. I've already decided to go with-
<http://www.football.com>

Can anyone tell me how to get a similar fantastic blinking ad onto my
site? If only I had that i could be a millionaire.

Jan Roland Eriksson

I'm thinking of copying this-
<http://www.nassaucoliseum.com/>
-design. It works so well on so many levels.

Hmm...

"Click here to get plugin" ?

....no thanks.

It just so happens that I'm behind my company proxy at this time; to
get that plug-in I would have to see my sys-admin and ask for
permission to install it. Too much trouble for one site I'd say.

No disrespect for the veterans but their webmaster needs to be
educated in several areas.

Travis Newbury

Jan said:
It just so happens that I'm behind my company proxy at this time; to
get that plug-in I would have to see my sys-admin and ask for
permission to install it...

So, wasting company time reading newsgroups and surfing the web. Does
your boss know this is what you do while you should be working?

tm

Travis said:
Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:

So, wasting company time reading newsgroups and surfing the web. Does
your boss know this is what you do while you should be working?

Why, yes she does. Not only does she encourage this behavior but she
sometimes straps herself to the desk and begs for sex. Don't you wish
you were me?

Travis Newbury

tm said:
Why, yes she does. Not only does she encourage this behavior but she
sometimes straps herself to the desk and begs for sex. Don't you wish
you were me?

I have seen your boss.... I know why she has to beg for sex... I fear
for you... (0.o)

dorayme

From: Travis Newbury said:
So, wasting company time reading newsgroups and surfing the web. Does
your boss know this is what you do while you should be working?

Wow! Maybe you are not the easy going guy you appear from 'roll with it'
website views...

:)

dorayme