A possible cause of this error is insufficient access rights to perform the operation. You can manu

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Arturo, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Arturo

    Arturo Guest

    Hello everybody:

    I got this error creating ASP.NET projects. The configuration is
    the following.

    WorkStation - Windows2000 & VS.NET 2003
    Server - Windows 2003

    [Error Message]
    A possible cause of this error is insufficient access rights to
    perform the operation. You can manually configure the application
    root using the Internet Services Manager.

    I sorted it...

    1. Open Application Server Manager
    2. Right Click on Default Web Site
    3. Under "Server Extensions 2002" click Settings...
    3. A message might appear saying that the content is blocked. Click
    add to trusted sites.
    4. The Administrator of FPExt2002 opens
    5. Add a new user (I added a user from a domain) and grant all rights.

    Hope this might help if you have this problem. Now, here is my
    question

    I granted ALL RIGHTS to the user, but obviously I don't like to do
    this kind of things. Can somebody explain me what rights VS.NET need
    on the Web Server?

    Thanks in advance!

    Arturo.

    Arturo, Feb 6, 2004