    * Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Beta 7
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    , Nov 2, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
    > saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
    > python to help those who have joined his group, i know its askin a
    > lot, and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
    > into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but it is ur
    > decision.

    Why would someone "pop into the group" when there are already this
    newsgroup and the tutor ml ?

    And if you are not happy with whatever group you joined, just quit.

    --
    bruno desthuilliers
    p in ''.split('@')])"

    bruno at modulix, Nov 2, 2005

  3. On 2005-11-02, blahman () <> wrote:

    > Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
    > saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
    > python to help those who have joined his group,

    They should have "joined a group" that _does_ contain people
    who know enough to help. Comp.lang.python, for example. Or
    the tutor mailing list.

    > i know its askin a lot,

    Yes it is. As apparently is spelling and punctuation.

    > and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
    > into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but
    > it is ur decision.

    There's _already_ a tutor mailing list and a general Python
    newsgroup -- both full of knowledgeable and helpful people.

    [Since I took a shot at this guy's spelling, there's _got_ to
    be a spelling error in my post, but I can't find it...]

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! I want a VEGETARIAN
    at BURRITO to go... with

    Grant Edwards, Nov 2, 2005
  4. Steve Holden Guest

    wrote:
    > Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
    > saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
    > python to help those who have joined his group, i know its askin a
    > lot, and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
    > into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but it is ur
    > decision.

    If the guy who started the group isn't an appropriate mentor then a more
    advanced programmer would probably find it irritating to have to correct
    his mistakes.

    I'd still recommend that you direct the members to the tutor list rather
    than trying to shore up an ineffective initiative.

    Good luck either way.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Holden Web LLC www.holdenweb.com

    Steve Holden, Nov 2, 2005