About the Python Expert

blah

Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
python to help those who have joined his group, i know its askin a
lot, and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but it is ur
decision.

bruno at modulix

Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
python to help those who have joined his group, i know its askin a
lot, and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but it is ur
decision.

Why would someone "pop into the group" when there are already this
newsgroup and the tutor ml ?

And if you are not happy with whatever group you joined, just quit.

Grant Edwards

Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
python to help those who have joined his group,

They should have "joined a group" that _does_ contain people
who know enough to help. Comp.lang.python, for example. Or
the tutor mailing list.
i know its askin a lot,

Yes it is. As apparently is spelling and punctuation.
and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but
it is ur decision.

There's _already_ a tutor mailing list and a general Python
newsgroup -- both full of knowledgeable and helpful people.

[Since I took a shot at this guy's spelling, there's _got_ to
be a spelling error in my post, but I can't find it...]

Steve Holden

Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
python to help those who have joined his group, i know its askin a
lot, and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but it is ur
decision.

If the guy who started the group isn't an appropriate mentor then a more
advanced programmer would probably find it irritating to have to correct
his mistakes.

I'd still recommend that you direct the members to the tutor list rather
than trying to shore up an ineffective initiative.

Good luck either way.

regards
Steve