accesing SQL Server from .net server explorer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by KH, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. KH

    KH Guest

    Hi,

    I have installed VSdotNET instance of MSDE on our server. I have
    changed it's login mode to 2 in registry. Now, if I open .Net
    application then in Server Explorer, I can see this servers computer
    name in the servers list. When I click on SQL servers, it asks me to
    login. I login with sa and blank password as I haven't made any
    changes yet to the default settings. When I click on OK, it gives me
    the access to VSdotNet instance and I can access all of its tables,
    stored procedures etc.

    Now, if my colleague try to do the same thing, he can go as far as
    seeing serves computer name entry in servers list under Server
    Explorer. When he types in sa username and blank password he gets
    error message. He can not see VSdotNet instance.

    What's the problem? We both are on same network.

    Thanks in advance.

    KH

    KH, Dec 3, 2004