Access Database Connection probs

Guy Hocking

Hi there,

i am creating a database driven login page. I am using code that has been
successful in the past, however when i upload it to our web server it
displys the following message in the page =

******

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x20c Thread 0x870
DBC 0xefde024 Jet'.

/BF/Premium_Login.asp, line 268

******

What does this mean? am i missing something? as you can see in the following
code it is not connecting via DSN/ODBC

*****

Set DataConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
DataConnection.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _
"DBQ=" & Session("DatabasePath") & ";"

*****

Hope u guys can help....

Thanks

--
Guy

www.bradflack.com

Please remove ANTI and SPAM from my
email address before sending me an email.

Guy Hocking

thanks for the response guys, most appreciated

The following message now appears, does the db need to be in the root folder
of the site?
I have tried specifying the file as a URL and File Location...

Any ideas?

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

'C:\WINNT\system32\Premium\security.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that
the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server
on which the file resides.

/BF/Premium_Login.asp, line 268

Thanks

--
Guy

www.bradflack.com

Please remove ANTI and SPAM from my
email address before sending me an email.
Aaron Bertrand - MVP said:
Stop using the Access driver, and use JET/OLEDB instead.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2154
http://www.aspfaq.com/2009
http://www.aspfaq.com/2009

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

Guy Hocking said:
[...]

Ray at

You're not specifying a path to the database, either by using the full path
or server.mappath("/premium/security.mdb").

Ray at work

Guy Hocking said:
[...]

thanks guys, sorry, i am guilty as charged of only reading the connection
bit in the FAQ....

My apologies
Thanks for your excellent service

--
Guy

www.bradflack.com

Please remove ANTI and SPAM from my
email address before sending me an email.

Jeff Cochran

thanks for the response guys, most appreciated

The following message now appears, does the db need to be in the root folder
of the site?
I have tried specifying the file as a URL and File Location...

Any ideas?

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

'C:\WINNT\system32\Premium\security.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that
the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server
on which the file resides.

/BF/Premium_Login.asp, line 268

Once again...

http://www.aspfaq.com/2009

Hint: Most likely, the C:\WINNT\System32\Premium folder doesn't have
permissions for the IUSR/IWAM account actually accessing it. Pretty
much just as the FAQ says.

Jeff

Ray at

REad this immediately.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2454

I just downloaded your database with little trouble.

Ray at work

Guy Hocking said:
[...]

WHAT????

What do you mean? how did you do that?

--

Aaron Bertrand - MVP said:
[...]

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

You told us where it was. So anyone can just type in the URL to the
database directly...

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

Guy Hocking said:
[...]

Enter the url to your database, and you can download it. Anyone can. Did
you read the article?

Ray at work

Guy Hocking said:
[...]

I did and iv changed it.... i feel a tad stupid, thanks for pointing that
out..... i only just created it on the fly to see if i could get it working
live....

Thanks again :-(

--

Ray at said:
[...]

&

Ray at

Don't feel stupid... Remember, it's an FAQ which means lots and lots of
people do it!

Ray at work

Jeff Cochran

Don't feel stupid... Remember, it's an FAQ which means lots and lots of
people do it!

And not *all* of us are stupid. Though some of us are slow
learners... :)

Jeff