Access DNS from an ASP.Net Site

Roger Bavaud

Hello

Does anybody know, how I can create new Recorts in a DNS Server from an
ASP.Net Application?
I will build this on a Web managemant site.

Thanks & Best Regards
Roger

Jouni Heikniemi

Does realy nobady have an idea how to access a DNS Server
from ASP.Net ?

If you want to create new DNS records from your ASP.net site, you have to
come up with a way to update your DNS Server configuration. There is no
generic answer to that question; everything depends on how your DNS server
can be configured. If it's running on a different box (and perhaps a unix
platform?), you have to communicate your requests that way. HTTP or SOAP
might be good alternatives. But anyway, everything starts not from ASP.net,
but from the DNS server end. How do you manually add DNS records? Can this
approach be simulated programmatically?

Roger Bavaud

Hi

I have an Active Directory Integrated DNS Server (Our DC's are also DNS
Servers / Windows 2003). Normaly I Mange this Servers with Microsofts DNS
MMC.
The Webserver witch will run my ASP.Net Site is an Memberserver in this
Doamin (IIS 6.0 / Windows 2003).

Roger Bavaud

Hello

I think one possible sulution can be the use of dnscmd.cmd with the
parameter /recordadd (From the Windows Server Support Tools).
This works fine from a local commend window on the Webserver. But I don't
have any idea, how I can run this tool from a ASP.Net Site.
Does anybody know a simple solution to run this Tool (with command line
arguments)?

Nitin

<%@ import namespace="System.Net" %>

<%@ import namespace="System.Net.Sockets" %>

dim dnsstr as string

dim subs as string

dim edns as string

if isvalid then

edns= email.text' this is the email textbox

subs=edns.substring(edns.indexof("@")+1)

dnsstr= dns.resolve(subs).addresslist(0).tostring()

have fun