Access system stores from web application

Innokentiy Ivanov

Hello!

Sorry for cross-posting, but I did not get an answer in the
microsoft.public.platformsdk.security group.

I need my web application/web service to access certificates stored in MY
('Personal') system store. However, when I open the store (using
CertOpenStore() function with CERT_SYSTEM_STORE_LOCAL_MACHINE location), the
number of certificates returned is zero (and when I run the same code from a
generic application, everything works fine).

As far as I understand, this behaviour is a result of some restrictions
applied to web applications. Does anybody know, which system store/location
can I use for storing certificates corresponding to my web application? It
would be excellent if this store was accessible via MMC.

Thank you in advance,

With best wishes,
Innokentiy Ivanov
EldoS Corporation