    How is it possible?

    Any help would be appreciated,
    Max
    Max2006, Jun 9, 2008

  2. Hi Max,

    As for Membership and RoleManager providers, they're designed separately,
    so we can flexibly use different provider for each of them. Yes, using AD
    membership provider+ SQL Role provider is one option.

    Here is a very good example from scottgu's blog. It demonstrate use windows
    authenitcation + SQL role provider:

    #Recipe: Implementing Role-Based Security with ASP.NET 2.0 using Windows
    Authentication and SQL Server

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/pages/Recipe_3A00_-Implementing-Role_2D00_Bas
    ed-Security-with-ASP.NET-2.0-using-Windows-Authentication-and-SQL-Server.asp

    Hope this helps.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    >From: "Max2006" <>
    >Subject: ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider and SqlRoleProvider
    >Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:47:29 -0400

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can I use ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider and SqlRoleProvider at the

    same

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jun 10, 2008