ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Astra, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. Astra

    Astra Guest

    Hi All

    Was running my ASP app no problem on a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine with IIS,
    dragged a copy my app folder and put it on another Windows XP Pro SP2
    machine with IIS and I get the below problem:

    Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
    ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
    /asp/forms.asp, line 497

    I can run old copies of this app folder no problems so what has happened
    since I dragged a copy from one machine to another??

    Do you know how I can resolve it?

    Thanks

    Robbie

    Astra, Dec 13, 2005

  2. Astra

    Patrice Guest

    The compoment is unregistered (you could check the registry to make sure).
    Aslo I believe that some antivrus software such as Norton are blocking this
    kind of things by default...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Dec 13, 2005