can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Astra, Dec 20, 2005.

  1. Astra

    Astra Guest

    Hi All

    I know there are numerous postings on the web about this, but none of them
    seem definitive and they haven't resolved my issue.

    I'm running WinXP Professional and IIS v5.1 to create my ASP sites.

    JMail, ASPupload, ODBC, OLEDB all work fine, but I keep getting:

    ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

    on the FileSys routine in my ASP pages. I have to use it because I need to
    dynamically look into the contents of a set folder.

    I know its down to an external issue such as permissions, because the exact
    same page/site works fine on 2 other WinXP machines with the same config.

    I've done IIS' in-built permissions wizard routine on the entire ASP folder,
    but still to no avail.

    Is there any magic process that I can apply to resolve this once and for
    all??

    Rgds

    Robbie
    Astra, Dec 20, 2005

  2. Astra wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I know there are numerous postings on the web about this, but none
    > of them seem definitive and they haven't resolved my issue.
    >
    > I'm running WinXP Professional and IIS v5.1 to create my ASP sites.
    >
    > JMail, ASPupload, ODBC, OLEDB all work fine, but I keep getting:
    >
    > ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

    Is this the problem?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2180

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 20, 2005

  3. Astra

    Astra Guest

    Hi Bob

    Thanks for this, but no joy.

    I don't have Norton or McAfee installed.

    I do have MS Anti-Spyware and Windows Security setup so disabled these to
    see if they made a diff, but they didn't.

    Any more ideas?

    Rgds Robbie

    Astra, Dec 20, 2005
  4. "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > Astra wrote:
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> I know there are numerous postings on the web about this, but none
    >> of them seem definitive and they haven't resolved my issue.
    >>
    >> I'm running WinXP Professional and IIS v5.1 to create my ASP sites.
    >>
    >> JMail, ASPupload, ODBC, OLEDB all work fine, but I keep getting:
    >>
    >> ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

    It may be a dependent file it is failing on. Try
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml . Set the log
    running, generate the error , stop the log. Examine the log file, it will
    show:

    The program making the call
    The file being called
    Success or failure.

    This should give you a good idea of where the problem is.

    --
    John Blessing

    businesses
    for your meeting/class over the web.