adding a site wide footer to all appx pages

Larry

In IIS there is a setting for having IIS append an html file to the bottom
of every page serverd for a web site.

Problem is that IIS doesn't really look at aspx files as it serves them so
this footer doesn't appear for those files.

Is there a setting, a simple way to have this "HTML footer" file appended to
the bottom of all the aspx files serverd from within a web site?

In Front Page I'd use an include in the HTML file. At the moment I'm using
"web user controls" and "dragging them" into each aspx file. I know I could
use HTML frames but I'd rather not.

Any ideas?

-Larry

Brock Allen

You can take a few diff approaches (in decreasing order of appeal, IMO):

1) Use ASP.NET 2.0 and utilize master pages. This allows a single template
for your pages in your site.

2) Use a common base class for all your pages to programmatically add the
common footer.

3) Build a HttpModule to handle the PostRequestHandlerExecute to programmatically
add the common footer to the response stream.

4) Use a user control to contain your common footer and then modify every
page manually to incorporate said user control.

Larry

thanks for the ideas.

-Larry