    resolve this problem, you must reduce the number of protocol bindings on your
    computer to less than 50. To do this, use one of the following methods: " but
    I require all my network adapters?.

    bat21, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Can you use another computer? You can just download the WSDL file to another
    computer, and use that file to add the reference on your development
    machine.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    "bat21" <> wrote in message
    > I am using VS2003, each time I add a web reference the downloading of the

    web
    > references times out . This is like Article ID 815209 - "BUG: You receive

    > "The operation has timed-out" error message when you access a Web service

    or

    Manohar Kamath, Mar 4, 2005

  3. bat21

    brian Guest

    Hi Manohar ,
    Thanks for looking at my post but I have only 1 machine .

    brian, Mar 4, 2005
  4. Where's the web service located? Within your company or outside? Perhaps you
    can ask them to send the WSDL file.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    Manohar Kamath, Mar 4, 2005
  5. bat21

    brian Guest

    Hi Manohar.
    I have used the WSDL.exe , this gives off the same type of error message , I
    have created the web service on the same machine.

    Thanks

    brian, Mar 4, 2005
  6. bat21

    Dan Rogers Guest

    If I understand your issue, you have created a web service on your
    development machine, and in a separate project, you are trying to use that
    web service. When you go to do the add-web-reference, and choose local
    host, and then choose the service you want to make a proxy for, it hangs
    for a while and then times out.

    It is very possible that the creation of the WSDL (which is done the first
    time the WSDL is requested) is failing due to an error in the classes in
    your web service project. There are code constructs that are not
    serializable, and these will make the schema generation fail. This could
    result in the behavior you are experiencing. Other problems might happen
    if you have complex logic in your service's constructor and that logic
    takes longer than the proxy generator is willing to wait.

    It doesn't sound like you have a protocol binding error....

    --------------------

    Dan Rogers, Mar 7, 2005
  7. bat21

    brian Guest

    Hi Dan,
    in the Article ID 815209 , I downloaded the small program , which showed me
    that I have 51 network / adapter protocols . I removed / disable the newtork
    adapters and reun the small program from this article. I was down to 49 , now
    I can add a web reference to my small development project.

    Thanks for Looking at this .

    brian, Mar 8, 2005
  8. bat21

    Dan Rogers Guest

    OMG... well, I guess you can look into why you have this many
    adapter/protocol combinations and "stop that!"
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW4=?=" <>

    <28v#>

    "

    Dan Rogers, Mar 8, 2005