    on the internet it's works just fine, when I try to move the web
    service into the intranet - it's won't work.

    , Jul 7, 2006

  2. Simon Hart Guest

    Can you ping the server when its on the intranet? Sounds like a networking
    issue rather than software issue.

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jul 7, 2006

    Yeah, when I use the IE to see the webService I can see my methods
    remmmber, it's on the intranet network.

    > Can you ping the server when its on the intranet? Sounds like a networking
    > issue rather than software issue.
    >
    > Regards
    > Simon.

    , Jul 7, 2006

    Hallo,
    first you try to access wsdl with different tool, like
    webservicesstudio.
    Isn't your network using proxy servers ? Then you should set proxy
    properly.
    And last, you allways can add your references with wsdl by hand and
    with manually downloaded wsdl.
    Cheers,
    Martin

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Searching this problem I found that many people had it with VS 2003,
    > but with out any fix.
    > does any body know what to do?
    >
    > this is my case:
    > windows 2003 sp1 installed on the server.
    > vs 2003 at the workstaion.
    >
    > built the hello world web service sample and I just can't add a
    > reference to it.
    >
    > on the internet it's works just fine, when I try to move the web
    > service into the intranet - it's won't work.

    , Jul 8, 2006

    When i'm using wsdl i'm getting a socket error,
    this issue has been in the forums for a long time, doesn't anybody
    found a fix to this problem?
    :)
    כתב:
    > Hallo,
    > first you try to access wsdl with different tool, like
    > webservicesstudio.
    > Isn't your network using proxy servers ? Then you should set proxy
    > properly.
    > And last, you allways can add your references with wsdl by hand and
    > with manually downloaded wsdl.
    > Cheers,
    > Martin
    >
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Searching this problem I found that many people had it with VS 2003,
    > > but with out any fix.
    > > does any body know what to do?
    > >
    > > this is my case:
    > > windows 2003 sp1 installed on the server.
    > > vs 2003 at the workstaion.
    > >
    > > built the hello world web service sample and I just can't add a
    > > reference to it.
    > >
    > > on the internet it's works just fine, when I try to move the web
    > > service into the intranet - it's won't work.

    , Jul 10, 2006

    Hallo Benkyam,
    this is me again :) I have found this one KB article describing similar
    problems to yours:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815209
    I hope this will help, please let me to know.

    regards, Martin

    wrote:
    > When i'm using wsdl i'm getting a socket error,
    > this issue has been in the forums for a long time, doesn't anybody
    > found a fix to this problem?
    > :)
    > כתב:
    > > Hallo,
    > > first you try to access wsdl with different tool, like
    > > webservicesstudio.
    > > Isn't your network using proxy servers ? Then you should set proxy
    > > properly.
    > > And last, you allways can add your references with wsdl by hand and
    > > with manually downloaded wsdl.
    > > Cheers,
    > > Martin
    > >
    > > wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > > Searching this problem I found that many people had it with VS 2003,
    > > > but with out any fix.
    > > > does any body know what to do?
    > > >
    > > > this is my case:
    > > > windows 2003 sp1 installed on the server.
    > > > vs 2003 at the workstaion.
    > > >
    > > > built the hello world web service sample and I just can't add a
    > > > reference to it.
    > > >
    > > > on the internet it's works just fine, when I try to move the web
    > > > service into the intranet - it's won't work.

    , Jul 10, 2006

    this is not the case, i have only 1 adapter.

    wrote:
    > Hallo Benkyam,
    > this is me again :) I have found this one KB article describing similar
    > problems to yours:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815209
    > I hope this will help, please let me to know.
    >
    > regards, Martin
    >

    > wrote:
    > > When i'm using wsdl i'm getting a socket error,
    > > this issue has been in the forums for a long time, doesn't anybody
    > > found a fix to this problem?
    > > :)
    > > כתב:
    > > > Hallo,
    > > > first you try to access wsdl with different tool, like
    > > > webservicesstudio.
    > > > Isn't your network using proxy servers ? Then you should set proxy
    > > > properly.
    > > > And last, you allways can add your references with wsdl by hand and
    > > > with manually downloaded wsdl.
    > > > Cheers,
    > > > Martin

    , Jul 13, 2006

    Hallo Benky, this is my again,
    Indeed, this looks like a networking problem.
    Do you have a proxy server in your network ? This could be a reason,
    when it works on internet and not in your lan.
    Do you have really correct address in wsdl that you are using for
    creating your proxy ? Once I had a wsdl with incorrect address
    And last, do you have anabled protocols you are using, like soap in
    web.config ? (This is probably not that issue).
    What ASP version do you have, and what is the server ? Could you try to
    deploy any simple application suitable for get method testing, like is
    simple Echo of some text throught strings and can you reach this using
    explorer (or different browser) ?
    Also you could have some other networking problem, like using firewall.
    Sometimes there are http firewalls with only specific protocols on some
    servers allowed.

    cheers, Martin

    wrote:
    > this is not the case, i have only 1 adapter.
    >
    > wrote:
    > > Hallo Benkyam,
    > > this is me again :) I have found this one KB article describing similar
    > > problems to yours:
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815209
    > > I hope this will help, please let me to know.
    > >
    > > regards, Martin
    > >

    > > wrote:
    > > > When i'm using wsdl i'm getting a socket error,
    > > > this issue has been in the forums for a long time, doesn't anybody
    > > > found a fix to this problem?
    > > > :)
    > > > כתב:

    , Jul 14, 2006

    wrote:
    > Hallo Benky, this is my again,
    > Indeed, this looks like a networking problem.
    > Do you have a proxy server in your network ? This could be a reason,
    > when it works on internet and not in your lan.

    no,I don't have.

    > Do you have really correct address in wsdl that you are using for
    > creating your proxy ? Once I had a wsdl with incorrect address
    > And last, do you have anabled protocols you are using, like soap in
    > web.config ? (This is probably not that issue).

    how do I enable this?

    > What ASP version do you have, and what is the server ? Could you try to
    > deploy any simple application suitable for get method testing, like is
    > simple Echo of some text throught strings and can you reach this using
    > explorer (or different browser) ?

    i'm using 1.1, both client and serer, as for the simple app. i'm using
    the default web service, "hello world"

    > Also you could have some other networking problem, like using firewall.
    > Sometimes there are http firewalls with only specific protocols on some
    > servers allowed.

    I do have a fw, but port 80 is open, should i open other port or do
    some configuration at the fw?

    > cheers, Martin

    thanks - have a great weekend.

    , Jul 14, 2006