adding a web reference times out. .NET Web Services

benkayam

Hi,
Searching this problem I found that many people had it with VS 2003,
but with out any fix.
does any body know what to do?

this is my case:
windows 2003 sp1 installed on the server.
vs 2003 at the workstaion.

built the hello world web service sample and I just can't add a
reference to it.

on the internet it's works just fine, when I try to move the web
service into the intranet - it's won't work.

Simon Hart

Can you ping the server when its on the intranet? Sounds like a networking
issue rather than software issue.

Regards
Simon.

benkayam

Yeah, when I use the IE to see the webService I can see my methods
remmmber, it's on the intranet network.

Martin.Kunc

Hallo,
first you try to access wsdl with different tool, like
webservicesstudio.
Isn't your network using proxy servers ? Then you should set proxy
properly.
And last, you allways can add your references with wsdl by hand and
with manually downloaded wsdl.
Cheers,
Martin

benkayam

When i'm using wsdl i'm getting a socket error,
this issue has been in the forums for a long time, doesn't anybody
found a fix to this problem?
:)
(e-mail address removed) כתב:

Martin.Kunc

Hallo Benky, this is my again,
Indeed, this looks like a networking problem.
Do you have a proxy server in your network ? This could be a reason,
when it works on internet and not in your lan.
Do you have really correct address in wsdl that you are using for
creating your proxy ? Once I had a wsdl with incorrect address
And last, do you have anabled protocols you are using, like soap in
web.config ? (This is probably not that issue).
What ASP version do you have, and what is the server ? Could you try to
deploy any simple application suitable for get method testing, like is
simple Echo of some text throught strings and can you reach this using
explorer (or different browser) ?
Also you could have some other networking problem, like using firewall.
Sometimes there are http firewalls with only specific protocols on some
servers allowed.

cheers, Martin

benkayam

Hallo Benky, this is my again,
Indeed, this looks like a networking problem.
Do you have a proxy server in your network ? This could be a reason,
when it works on internet and not in your lan.

no,I don't have.
Do you have really correct address in wsdl that you are using for
creating your proxy ? Once I had a wsdl with incorrect address
And last, do you have anabled protocols you are using, like soap in
web.config ? (This is probably not that issue).

how do I enable this?
What ASP version do you have, and what is the server ? Could you try to
deploy any simple application suitable for get method testing, like is
simple Echo of some text throught strings and can you reach this using
explorer (or different browser) ?
i'm using 1.1, both client and serer, as for the simple app. i'm using
the default web service, "hello world"
Also you could have some other networking problem, like using firewall.
Sometimes there are http firewalls with only specific protocols on some
servers allowed.

I do have a fw, but port 80 is open, should i open other port or do
some configuration at the fw?
cheers, Martin

thanks - have a great weekend.