Adding Identity Tag Caused Error

Phillip

Hello
I'm trying to play with impersonation. I added an identity tag both with and without the userName/password attributes and I get this error on my workstation

------------------------------------begin--------------------------------------
Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web server, server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request

Make sure the server i soperating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start without debugging. you may also want to refer to the ASP.Net and ATL server debugging topic in the online documentation

------------------------------------end---------------------------------------

When using the userName/Password attributes, I gave the account I was trying to impersonate the same access privileges as ASPNET account to the application folder as well as to \WINNT\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322. I also added the account (which is a domain account) to the users group of my workstation.

Does anyone has any idea how to address this? Is there a specific place in Web.config where you're supposed to put the identity tag? Nothing I read indicated this

Any and all help is appreciated
Philli

Shaun C McDonnell

Phil,

You must've messed up the identity tag somewhat because that error states
that the Web.Config file is not formatted correctly. It should look
something like this for the identity tag

<identity impersonate=true />

Phillip said:
[...]

Thanks for the help Shaun. I was thinking that my problem has to do with the placement of it. Does in go within the <system.web> tag or does it go afterwards? I had it inside of it.