ADO fails FSO works on a share

Brian

IIS 5.0 is running on a Win2K Server called serverA as a domain user.
The domain user has administrator rights on the server.

The database is on serverB(Win2K server). The IIS domain user also has
full rights to the share. The database is an Access97 database that
is part of another application. I made a copy of the database and did
a compact and repair on the copy. It opens fine with Access 97 and
has no security restrictions.

The short of it is I can write to and read from the directory using:

Set ScriptObject = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set MyFile = ScriptObject.OpenTextFile("\\serverB\care\vcare4x\database\fc01\testfile.txt",
8,true)

So the base permissions should be OK.

I get the dreaded 80004005 Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open
the file '(unknown)'. when I try this code:

MdbFilePath = "\\serverB\CARE\VCARE4X\DATABASE\FC01\vc40clin_IIS.mdb"
Conn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" &
MdbFilePath & ";"

When I put a copy of the database on the IIS server (not a permanent
option) the page works fine.

Why does the FSO work but not the ADO?

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Confirm that it is ADO and not the database itself by creating a new
database and NOT compacting / repairing it, and try to access that...