Also, what's up with the web services in VS2005?

Clint

I must be missing something obvious. But in VS2003, when building a web
service you could simply build the solution, and it would build all the
assemblies that were in your project, including the one for the web service.
But in VS2005, I have to manually compile the web service assembly from the
command line, linking it to the other assemblies I'm using. This is where I
got the information from for building the web service assembly:
http://www.perfectxml.com/oreilly/chapter.asp?row_id=25. But it seems like
it really shouldn't be that nasty.

FYI, when I hit the "Build Solution" or "Build Website" from the Build menu,
it doesn't build the web service assembly.

Clint

Clint

Thanks for that. So now, my question is "Why did MS change it?". From your
post, I'm guessing I'm not doing things wrong, but why doesn't it at least
compile the assemblies properly? What is the benefit of doing things the
way they're done now?

I realize that you may not have answers to all these questions, but what the
heck. Your original reply is appreciated!

Clint