    FYI, when I hit the "Build Solution" or "Build Website" from the Build menu,
    it doesn't build the web service assembly.

    Clint

    Clint, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Hi Clint,

    You should have a look at Web Application Projects (http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/)
    which will allow you to develop web applications/services the way we did
    it with VS 2003. Hope it helps.

    Best regards,
    Robert Wilczynski.

    Robert Wilczynski, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Clint

    Clint Guest

    Thanks for that. So now, my question is "Why did MS change it?". From your
    post, I'm guessing I'm not doing things wrong, but why doesn't it at least
    compile the assemblies properly? What is the benefit of doing things the
    way they're done now?

    I realize that you may not have answers to all these questions, but what the
    heck. Your original reply is appreciated!

    Clint

    Clint, Apr 20, 2006
  4. Clint

    Clint Guest

    Kind of found my own answer in this link:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/21/423201.aspx

    Clint

    Clint, Apr 20, 2006