alt vs title in explorer 7 & firefox

dorayme

"rf said:
Perhaps dorayme is thinking about the third flavour, as in:

It's there, their new car, _they're_ about to open its doors. There, it's
done, its doors're open.

Now this is getting closer.

Blinkey's was a lesson (see his "as in") on the use of the
apostrophe using a contraction example rather than one of
possession.

(rf, a couple of things, one of them a 'btw', making it hard to
know whether to use a <ul>, an <ol> or neither (what do the
tennis the other night?</li></ul>)

dorayme

That's OK, I've never heard of you either! ;)

Why would you have? You just came in the door. As for me, for a few
years I used some software David wrote.[/QUOTE]

And I have learnt from his work on centering and other things.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Anyway, I give up. Oh, it's a good puzzle and all that, but some of us
don't have the time to while away on it between sheep shearings.

Well, it is a bit hard. I won't give you the url to my best stab
at it because you would not have the time or patience to read it.
it is a bit long.

dorayme

Perhaps dorayme is thinking about the third flavour, as in:

Perhaps, once again, dorayme isn't thinking at all.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps Blinky should think about this again.

rf

dorayme said:
Now this is getting closer.

Blinkey's was a lesson (see his "as in") on the use of the
apostrophe using a contraction example rather than one of
possession.
What?

(rf, a couple of things, one of them a 'btw', making it hard to
know whether to use a <ul>, an <ol> or neither (what do the standards
say?):

I would lean for <ul> The two items are totally unrelated to each other so,
unordered. Ordered seems to imply a sequence that would not make sense if
the "order" were to be changed.

1. Open care door.
2. Enter car.
3. Drive off to the tennis.

Change the order and the list does not usually make sense.

However, one can watch tennis without any specific requirement to have the
door open, or not. The items can occur in any order, as in:

Open the home theatre door,
Watch the tennis.

Watch the tennis, while we...
Open the fridge door for another tinnie.

What?

Its doors are open.

tennis the other night?</li></ul>

s/night/nights
Of course. When it wasn't raining. Bloody phoms. Why do they hold Wimbledon
in the rainy season. Just like those damn Americans. They hold their
Christmas in the middle of winter when every airport in the country is
snowed in. Happened to us a couple of years ago. Had to dig out the barbie
and the beers nearly froze :-(

dorayme

Blinkey's was a lesson (see his "as in") on the use of the
apostrophe using a contraction example rather than one of
possession.

What?[/QUOTE]

I just saw the OP seeing the ' in the contraction and getting
confused by the lesson. Let's leave it be.
I would lean for <ul> The two items are totally unrelated to each other so,
unordered.

That's the way I leaned. There is something more about an ol (not
in your bedtime reading rf) than its parts. There is a sense that
it counts as well as orders. Since I was making a point of having
a couple of points for you...

o never mind... time to stop talking rubbish, my work is done for
the day and the sun is up at last and maybe I will go see if that
groper is there.

Bergamot

wayne said:
My belief is one should not attack anyone, that is what prompted my
outburst.

Personal attacks are never acceptable. Attacks on your code or your
ideas are not meant to be personal. And we do attack those around here
on a regular basis. Learn the difference.
How long should one "lurk" before posting?

As long as it takes. How's that for vague? :) I recall lurking for a
couple months before my first post. That was many years ago, btw.
How does the group regulars
determine if one has pulled out enough hair searching for an answer?

How much hair you may have lost isn't our problem. Remember that we are
under no obligation to help you.

If you show some aptitude for learning, you'll get a better response
from the regulars. Leaving any (undeserved) superior attitude at the
door goes a long way, too.

John Hosking

Bergamot said:
If you show some aptitude for learning, you'll get a better response
from the regulars. Leaving any (undeserved) superior attitude at the
door goes a long way, too.

For me, the "undeserved" is extraneous. I don't enjoy a superior
attitude no matter what. _Knowledgable_ is fine, _superior_ turns me off
(including from Finns or those who have fins :) ).

Blinky the Shark

John said:
For me, the "undeserved" is extraneous. I don't enjoy a superior
attitude no matter what. _Knowledgable_ is fine, _superior_ turns me off
(including from Finns or those who have fins :) ).

Right. Now drop and give me forty. :)

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:50:48 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:
Once more, ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny.

That's what I always say. <g>

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:50:48 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:

That's what I always say. <g>

Yeah? Well, I have the tattoo. :)

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:25:24
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Perhaps, once again, dorayme isn't thinking at all.

That would be my guess.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:58:54 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:

That photo represents what I've seen in aquaria. Which is why I knew it
would be a good adjunct to my Usenet Improvement Project.

ANNC (first): I'm splitting my GG page (see sig) into four or five
shorter ones and moving it/them to improve-usenet.org, which I just
acquired. I'd like a more cosmetic little site than my
bare-bones-by-intent blinkynet site, albeit it'll still be a quick load
on dialup, as my commitment to be snappy even on a slow connection has
never wavered. Hafta look at some templates or something as a start on
deciding what to do.

That not only sounds pleasantly interesting but a good idea as well. You
could include more usenet-pertinent themes such as commenting on the
tranquilizing effects of tennis discussion and suggesting that posters be
at least semi-well-versed in their primary language of babble.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:16:36
GMT dorayme scribed:
It was because of your continued failure to understand about this
d business that I did not trust your spelling of "grouper" and
thought it referred to "groper" - (ignoring more obscene thoughts
that you are fond of)

Not fair! I had a good joke all prepared.
<http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/students/focus/aviridis.htm>

has a nice pic of what I often see. I was not sure if there was
such a fish as a grouper, it seems that the ame is used:

Yes, although they look rather primitive even for fishes, *gropers* are
attractive. Interesting to note, however, that the female blue groper is
colored a rather faded orange. I wonder if that makes her as neurotic as
other females I've run across online?
"Groupers are fish of any of a number of genera in the subfamily
Epinephelinae of the family Serranidae, in the order Perciformes"

from Wiki.

That clarifies it beautifully except for the question of whether the
soft-rayed portions of the Perciformes' posterior fins were partially or
completely separated.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:22:56 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:
Like there are no cannibal cultures in humandom. :)

Yes, but we've civilized the tradition in ways too profound to mention in
casual company.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007
01:58:54 GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

I do come up first at the current location on a Google for (as phrase or
individual strings) "usenet improvement". Without trying. :)
That not only sounds pleasantly interesting but a good idea as well.
You could include more usenet-pertinent themes such as commenting on
the tranquilizing effects of tennis discussion and suggesting that
posters be at least semi-well-versed in their primary language of
babble.

I'm not even convinced I need three columns. But I'll probably find a
way to complicate things before I'm done. :)

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:22:56 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:

Yes, but we've civilized the tradition in ways too profound to mention in
casual company.

You misspelled "But most of us are in denial about them." ;)