Alternet to iframe??

AAaron123

I've seen statements like: "I don't recommend the use of iframe ever"

But I've never found an alternate to using iframes to display the contents
of another site on your page.

Is there such an alternative?

Without using com, is there a browser control that can be used?

Thanks

AAaron123

Mark Rae said:
From whom? Anyone can say anything, doesn't mean that they're right...

If I'd seen the above statement written by someone like Scott Guthrie,
Juan T. Libre or Scott Mitchell I'd take it seriously...

Can I assume since you didn't address the second question that there is no
good alternative to iframe.

I would like a back button in the iframe or the alternative (if there is
one).

Thanks again

AAaron123

Patrice said:
With no arguments to back up this claim ? Check those arguments and see if
you are convinced.

Another option could be to get the content server side (Webclient) and
then display it but it's likely harder...

As a side note I always feel unease about the need to display someone else
site on your own without an official mechanism to do so (such as a RSS
feed).

I make it clear what is happening

JM

I've seen statements like: "I don't recommend the use of iframe ever"

It becomes a x-site scripting issue if the other page has scripting issues.
In IE6+ you can use the "secuity" attribute, but another option would be
to parse the page prior to loading into the iFrame and nueter (technical
term :)) the script tags.

About the security attibute:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms534622(VS.85).aspx
But I've never found an alternate to using iframes to display the contents
of another site on your page.

Regular frames would work, but you still have potential x-site
scripting issues.
Without using com, is there a browser control that can be used?

How would it be instantiated?

John

AAaron123

thanks

Patrice said:
With no arguments to back up this claim ? Check those arguments and see if
you are convinced.

Another option could be to get the content server side (Webclient) and
then display it but it's likely harder...

As a side note I always feel unease about the need to display someone else
site on your own without an official mechanism to do so (such as a RSS
feed).

I would like to show the site's address but since the user can navigate away
from the original site without me being able to tell, I don't know how to do
it and not be showing the incorrect adddress sometimes.