ANN: eGenix mx Base Distribution 3.1.2

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Jan 29, 2009.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________

    ANNOUNCING

    eGenix.com mx Base Distribution

    Version 3.1.2 for Python 2.3 - 2.6

    Open Source Python extensions providing
    important and useful services
    for Python programmers.

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mx-Base-Distribution-3.1.2-GA.html

    ABOUT

    The eGenix.com mx Base Distribution for Python is a collection of
    professional quality software tools which enhance Python's usability
    in many important areas such as fast text searching, date/time
    processing and high speed data types.

    The tools have a proven record of being portable across many Unix and
    Windows platforms. You can write applications which use the tools on
    Windows and then run them on Unix platforms without change due to the
    consistent platform independent interfaces.

    Contents of the distribution:

    * mxDateTime - Date/Time Library for Python
    * mxTextTools - Fast Text Parsing and Processing Tools for Python
    * mxProxy - Object Access Control for Python
    * mxBeeBase - On-disk B+Tree Based Database Kit for Python
    * mxURL - Flexible URL Data-Type for Python
    * mxUID - Fast Universal Identifiers for Python
    * mxStack - Fast and Memory-Efficient Stack Type for Python
    * mxQueue - Fast and Memory-Efficient Queue Type for Python
    * mxTools - Fast Everyday Helpers for Python

    All available packages have proven their stability and usefulness in
    many mission critical applications and various commercial settings all
    around the world.

    For more information, please see the distribution page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

    NEWS

    The 3.1.2 release of the eGenix mx Base Distribution is the latest
    release of our open-source Python extensions.

    We have fixed a number of small platform issues and added support for
    the strptime() function to mxDateTime on Windows. We have also enhanced
    the portability of our pre-built Mac OS X binaries.

    As always, we are providing pre-built binaries for all supported
    platforms, currently: Windows 32-bit, Linux 32-bit, Linux 64-bit,
    FreeBSD 32-bit, FreeBSD 64-bit, Mac OS X 32-bit Intel and PPC.

    Whether you are using a pre-built package or the source distribution,
    installation is a simple "python setup.py install" command in all
    cases. The only difference is that the pre-built packages do not
    require a compiler to be installed.

    For a list of changes, please refer to the eGenix mx Base Distribution
    change log at

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/changelog.html

    and the change logs of the various included Python packages.

    DOWNLOADS

    The download archives and instructions for installing the packages can
    be found on the eGenix mx Base Distribution page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

    LICENSE

    The eGenix mx Base package is distributed under the eGenix.com Public
    License 1.1.0 which is an Open Source license similar to the Python
    license. You can use the packages in both commercial and non-commercial
    settings without fee or charge.

    The package comes with full source code

    SUPPORT

    Commercial support for this product is available from eGenix.com.
    Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

    for details about our support offerings.

    Enjoy,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Jan 29 2009)

    http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Jan 29, 2009