ANN: eGenix mxODBC 3.0 Developer Licenses (mxODBC Database Interface)

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, May 29, 2007.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________

    eGenix.com mxODBC 3.0 Developer Licenses Available

    eGenix is pleased to announce the immediate availability of developer
    licenses for our Python ODBC database interface, the eGenix mxODBC
    Distribution 3.0 for Python.

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/mxODBC-3.0-Developer-License-Announcement.html

    INTRODUCTION

    The eGenix mxODBC Distribution is an add-on distribution for our eGenix
    mx Base Distribution. It comes with mxODBC, our universal ODBC database
    interface for Python.

    DEVELOPER LICENSES FOR mxODBC 3.0

    eGenix is now shipping developer licenses for mxODBC which allow the
    integration and redistribution of mxODBC into your products.

    * Make use of the power and flexibility of this cross-platform,
    robust and stable interface and connect to most available
    databases with less hassles, fewer configuration problems and
    great performance.

    * Enjoy the same database interface API on all supported platforms:
    Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and Solaris.

    * This is true write-once, deploy anywhere !

    HOW DOES IT WORK ?

    The setup works just like for a regular stand-alone installation of
    mxODBC. eGenix will send you the required license files after purchase
    and all you have to do, is install them in the product folder.

    You can then work on your product and ship the license files together
    with the product, so that your customers can use the product integrated
    mxODBC just like you do on your development machines.

    Once licensed, you don't have to pay eGenix royalties or fees for
    distributing mxODBC together with your products.

    WHICH RESTRICTIONS APPLY ?

    Restrictions are very modest:

    * you must get a proper license for all developer machines and
    developers working on the product

    * the mxODBC version included in the product must be tied to your
    product, ie. it should not be usable outside your product

    * you are not permitted to use mxODBC in a product that would
    introduce competition for eGenix products.

    The full legal details are available in the eGenix.com Commercial License
    Agreement 1.2.0. Please see the product page for details:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/#Licensing

    TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

    You can request 30-day evaluation licenses by writing to
    , stating your name (or the name of the company) and the
    number of eval licenses that you need. We will then issue you licenses
    and send them to you by email.

    Please make sure that you can receive ZIP file attachments on the email
    you specify in the request, since the license files are send out as
    ZIP attachements.

    PRICING

    mxODBC 3.0 Developer CPU Licenses can be purchased in our eGenix Online
    Shop at http://www.egenix.com/shop/.

    Please see the mxODBC distribution page for details on buying licenses
    or contact .

    DOWNLOADS

    The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
    be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

    IMPORTANT:
    In order to use the eGenix mx Commercial package you will first
    need to install the eGenix mx Base package which can be downloaded
    from here:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

    SUPPORT

    Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
    Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

    for details about our support offerings.

    Enjoy,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, May 29 2007)

    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, May 29, 2007