[ANN] Pimki 1.1

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Assaph Mehr, Dec 4, 2004.

  1. Assaph Mehr

    Assaph Mehr Guest

    This is a bug fix and minor updates release oon Pimki. Many thanks to
    Chad Fowler, Prag Dave and Ruben for the feedback. I've tried to answer
    all your requests.

    Pimki is a PIM (personal information manager) based on Instiki's Wiki
    technology. Get the full details at: http://pimki.rubyforge.org.
    Install via ruby-gems or download from the site.

    Change log:
    - Changed storage path to be relative to CWD to avoid storing
    under gem version directory. When running/installing service
    should normally provide the --storage command-line parameter.
    To upgrade existing Pimki installation, please extract the
    original storage from the old gem directory. (Chad)
    - Fixed a problem with the bliki_new form that prevented saving
    the entry due to debug code in the JS validation code of the
    entry name. (PragDave)
    - Fixed problem with export and storage path relating to app-dir
    instead of storage dir in Instiki core. (Prag Dave)
    - Fixed problem of missing files in in tgz packaging (rake needs
    PackagingTask defined _before_ GemPackageTask). (Ruben)
    - Fixed require 'YAML' to correct 'yaml' in Instiki core. (Chad)
    - Added capability to link from pages to Bliki entries. To use
    link via: [bliki[entry name]]
    - ToDo list picks up items from bliki entries and links to the
    entry (Ruben)
    - Menu can be set as all pages belonging to a specific category.
    If you set some page to a category e.g. 'menu', only those pages
    will appear on the left-side menu.

    As always if you have any questions or comments, let me know and I'd be
    happy to answer / improve on Pimki.

    Cheers,
    Assaph

    Assaph Mehr, Dec 4, 2004