[ANN] Planet Ruby started

MoonWolf

Hello World! from TOKYO,Japan.
My name is MoonWolf.

I started 'Planet Ruby' in my blog/diary.

Q.1 What is 'Planet Ruby'
A.1 automatically RSS rolling. and generates summarying HTML site.
Perl and Python are already having 'Planet-site'.
Perl : http://planet.perl.org/
Python : http://www.planetpython.org/

but,'Planet Ruby' has not automatically rolling.
human writer are rollings 'RSS-FEED' & 'diary update
checker'(antenna in Japan). and, human writer writes article to
diary/blog-based web pages.
because Japanese diaries had many 'Ruby'-unrelated article.
I had decision to human-based 'Planet Ruby'.

Q.2 Who wrote 'Planet Ruby'
A.2 MoonWolf(me) is author of 'Planet Ruby'.

Q.3 Is MoonWolf anyone?
A.3
self-introduction:
1. I live in TOKYO,Japan. Japanese.
2. I am poor at English(Japanese, too, a little).
3. I wrote many libraries in RAA(26 projects).
* fcgi
* BitSet
* html-template2
list : http://raa.ruby-lang.org/owner.rhtml?id=41
4. when I began to read 'ruby-talk'. I am cultural shocked.

Q.4 How should I go for 'Planet Ruby'?
A.4
* http://devlog.moonwolf.com/ (Japanese comment)
*
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/engli...lf.com/&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2&wb_co=excitejapan
(Machine translation Japense to English)
Q.5 Does 'Planet Ruby' do 'RSS-FEED'?
A.5 yes.
http://devlog.moonwolf.com/index.rdf

Q.6 Can I donate to Planet Ruby?
A.6 yes. via PayPal
Use a contribution button under my page most.

Offtopics

I introduce it about the Japanese Rubyist circumstance.

Japanese Rubyist are:
(1) ruby-list is deserted.
Average 3-5 mails per day
(2) IRC channel is deserted.
50 people are stationed in IRC channel.
but there are only some messages on 1day.
(3) They don't want to write it about Ruby in the place of
blog/diary.
(4) They are poor at the exchange of the mail.
but They speak fluently when it meets it in the place of
the event.

David A. Black

Hi --

I introduce it about the Japanese Rubyist circumstance.

Japanese Rubyist are:
(1) ruby-list is deserted.
Average 3-5 mails per day

Are you saying there's a problem with this? :)

David

MoonWolf

David said:
Are you saying there's a problem with this? :)

I think there are serious problems.
The atmosphere which cannot be asked is created.
As for a beginner, contributing to ruby-list is fearful.

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message ""David A. Black" <[email protected]>"
on Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:19:04 +0900, nil writes:

|> Japanese Rubyist are:
|> (1) ruby-list is deserted.
|> Average 3-5 mails per day
|
|Are you saying there's a problem with this? :)

I'm not sure. ruby-list become less active for a year or two. If
its reason is the bad atmosphere that Moonwolf suspects, it is a
problem we need to solve.

matz.

Simon Strandgaard

I think there are serious problems.
The atmosphere which cannot be asked is created.
As for a beginner, contributing to ruby-list is fearful.

No good.. hmm..

<lightbulb>
write in the irc-welcome message.. that everybody is encuraged to ask
questions... otherwise it will become an inactive forum.
</lightbulb>

I hope this patern gets broken somehow..

maybe link to a html document which mentions this pattern and
what to do if one is releative new to ruby (and that he doesn't have to be
affraid).