[ANN] RubyKaigi 2010: Early Call for Presentation Proposals

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Leonard Chin, Mar 1, 2010.

  1. Leonard Chin

    Leonard Chin Guest

    This is an early call for presentation proposals for RubyKaigi 2010
    [[http://rubykaigi.org/2010/]]. We are interested in presentations on
    the following topics:

    - Anything about the Ruby language

    RubyKaigi 2010 will be held in Tsukuba City, Japan (near Tokyo), at
    the same venue as RubyKaigi 2008. This year, the conference will run
    for 3 days from Friday, 27th August through to Sunday, 29th August.
    The majority of speakers and attendees of RubyKaigi are Japanese
    locals, but there is always a very strong contingent of Rubyists from
    all over the world.

    = How to Submit a Proposal

    A web page for presentation proposal submissions is currently under
    preparation. We will make another announcement with submission details
    when we are ready to accept proposals. Don't let that stop you from
    planning a proposal, though!

    The applicant will need to submit the following information.

    - name (or nickname), affiliation (company, user group etc), and
    e-mail address of the applicant(s)
    - the title of the proposed presentation
    - a short abstract of the proposed presentation (for use on schedules,
    etc if your proposal is accepted)
    - a more detailed description of the proposed presentation (for usage
    during selection process. We will not make this to public.)
    - preferred presentation duration: 30 min / 60 min / other (includes Q/A time)
    - Spoken language of presentation: English/Japanese (Ruby assumed)
    - nationality of the applicant(s) (for visa for entry into Japan)
    - preferred day for presentation: August 27th / 28th / 29th / no preference.
    - Any additional information or special requirements

    By submitting a proposal, you give permission to RubyKaigi 2010 to
    record, edit, and publish audio and/or video of your presentation. If
    you do not wish to abide these conditions, please refrain from
    submitting a proposal.

    We intend to use the title and abstract of your presentation in the
    conference pamphlet and other materials, so please write something
    that will appeal to your potential audience.

    = Important Dates

    Submission Deadline:
    Wednesday, 28th April, 2010
    Announcement of selection results:
    During May, 2010
    RubyKaigi 2009:
    Friday, 27th August - Sunday, 29th August

    = Selection Process

    The presentations will be selected by the staff of RubyKaigi 2010.

    = About RubyKaigi 2010

    RubyKaigi is the premiere annual Ruby conference in Japan. RubyKaigi
    2010 will be run for 3 days, from Friday, 27th August through to
    Sunday, 29th August. RubyKaigi 2010 will be held in Tsukuba City, near
    Tokyo, at the same venue as RubyKaigi 2008.

    RubyKaigi 2010 is planned to have two simultaneous tracks. As a
    consequence, we expect to accept fewer of proposals in 2010 than for
    RubyKaigi 2009, which had three tracks. Instead, we are planning to
    hold some "sub-events". Details of the sub-events will be announced
    separately.

    = Questions?

    If you have any questions, please email us at 2010 at rubykaigi.org.

    For further details and news, please refer to our website:

    http://rubykaigi.org/2010/en

    Leonard Chin, Mar 1, 2010

  2. Hi folks,

    a web page for presentation proposal submissions is now open:

    http://rubykaigi.org/2010/en/CallForPresentationProposals.html

    we'd love to meet you in Japan :)

    --=20
    Kakutani Shintaro