[Ann] RO package 2005-10-31

Russell E. Owen

RO package 2005-10-31 is now available from
<http://www.astro.washington.edu/rowen/ROPython.html>

What is it?
A package of python utilities I wrote to support a telescope control
interface. RO has a strong emphasis on the Tkinter GUI library,
networking, astronomy and cross-platform support (unix, MacOS X and
Windows). For more information, follow the link above.

Changes include:
- RO.DS9 is smarter about finding ds9 and xpa and can now handle
byteswapped arrays.
- RO.Prefs now can map old pref names to new (allowing one to migrate a
preference name).

For a full version history see:
<http://www.astro.washington.edu/rowen/ROVersionHistory.html>

-- Russell