[ANN] Ruby Central matching Greg Brown donations, up to $5000!

David A. Black

Hello all --

I'm pleased to announce that Ruby Central, Inc. is going to provide
matching grant funds, dollar for dollar, for money donated to Greg
Brown's "Ruby Mendicant" project,[1] up to $5000. Thus the first $5000
that Greg receives from the community will represent a total of
$10,000.

As you'll know if you've read his announcement here, Greg is setting
out to support himself on community donations for a period of several
months, during which time he will work full-time on projects of direct
interest and benefit to the Ruby community. If you haven't already,
have a look at Greg's announcement, proposal, and discussion of his
plan.[1]

By matching your grants, Ruby Central hopes to make Greg's undertaking
all the more rewarding both for Greg and for all Rubyists. We've had
a variety of grant programs for events and projects in the past, but
never anything quite like this! It's an unusual, perhaps unique
project, and we believe that a matching grant is a good fit for both
its spirit and its goals.

Please note that if you want to contribute to Greg's project, you
should still contribute to Greg and not to Ruby Central. Greg will
report to us and we'll calculate the matching grant. (Of course, Ruby
Central accepts donations for itself too! But that's a separate
thing.)

Good luck to Greg, and thanks to the community for its support!

David A. Black
for Ruby Central, Inc.

[1] http://rubymendicant.wikidot.com

Gregory Brown

Hello all --

I'm pleased to announce that Ruby Central, Inc. is going to provide
matching grant funds, dollar for dollar, for money donated to Greg
Brown's "Ruby Mendicant" project,[1] up to $5000. Thus the first $5000
that Greg receives from the community will represent a total of
$10,000.

With Ruby Central's matching, I'm pleased to say that almost 6 weeks
of project funding has been raised so far, in a period of 48 hours.
Thank you so much David, and to the rest of Ruby Central, Inc. This
sort of thing really shows what the Ruby community is all about, if
you ask me. :)

-greg

Arlen Cuss

Hi Greg,

With Ruby Central's matching, I'm pleased to say that almost 6 weeks
of project funding has been raised so far, in a period of 48 hours.
Thank you so much David, and to the rest of Ruby Central, Inc. This
sort of thing really shows what the Ruby community is all about, if
you ask me. :)

I think this is just excellent. When I get my next pay, I'll try to donate a
decent amount. :) (just a poor student!) Knowing that Ruby Central will
match is another bonus!

All the best, and good luck.

Arlen