[ANN] Ruby Editor Plugin for jEdit 0.6 - method completion release

Ilias Lazaridis

Lothar said:
Hello Ilias,

IL> I would prefere i pure ruby IDE [because the nature of Ruby requires an
IL> native IDE for efficient development].

If you mean scriptable in ruby then i could maybe agree with you. But
otherwise the IDE core technology does not matter.

An efficient ruby IDE is written in ruby and is extensible in ruby.

An flexible ruby IDE can be used as the foundation for application
development (Platform).

Those goals are not achievable with non-ruby IDE-technologies.
In fact i have the
same argument as with the ruby in ruby interpreter: Speed, memory and
non ability for threading are the main show stoppers for this at the
moment. And FreeRide is not a native Ruby IDE, its just glue code
around a few components that are mostly written in C/C++: Ripper,
Scintilla, FOX.

for the beginning, this would be enouth (at least for me).

..