[ANN] Ruby Installer for Windows 1.8.1-13 final

richard lyman

Curt -

Is there something that I can do to help??

I really don't know that much at all so you'll have to do a _lot_ of
hand-holding while I learn, but the windows installer is my bread and
butter for fun programming... so I really want to help...

... I'm kinda bugged by all of the emails I'm seeing that say... 'Hey
- add this!', or 'Hey - do this!'

While I have requests of my own for what to add/delete/do with the
windows installer, I really don't feel comfortable adding to your
"(growing) list".

Please give me something.

What can I do?

-Rich

Curt Hibbs

Hi,

At Thu, 1 Jul 2004 04:45:43 +0900,
Curt Hibbs wrote in [ruby-talk:104934]:
You can check for reported problems (or report new problems) at:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=167

Though I don't know why you separate directories devel and
stable, ruby.nsi in the former sets a registory
"\\HKLM\software\www.ruby-lang.orgy\InstallVersion", instead of
"\\HKLM\software\www.ruby-lang.org\InstallVersion".

It was a typo that I thought I corrected -- I will check again.

The separation was partially inherited, and partially a quick hack to get
things working. There are quite a few cleanup activities that I want to
persue for the building of the installer, itself, but they will have to
wait -- I just don't have the extra time right now.

Curt

Curt Hibbs

richard said:
Curt -

Is there something that I can do to help??

I really don't know that much at all so you'll have to do a _lot_ of
hand-holding while I learn, but the windows installer is my bread and
butter for fun programming... so I really want to help...

Send me email off-list if you'd like to join as a developer on the ruby
installer project (curt at hibbs dot com).
... I'm kinda bugged by all of the emails I'm seeing that say... 'Hey
- add this!', or 'Hey - do this!'

Naw, this is all good feedback and, truthfully, its all been really small
and easy stuff.

While I have requests of my own for what to add/delete/do with the
windows installer, I really don't feel comfortable adding to your
"(growing) list".

For substantial changes, the best way is to add a "feature request" at:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=167
Please give me something.

What can I do?

Like I said, let me know if you'd like to join the team. If so, I'll add you
as a developer to the project, then the first thing you'd need to do is to
check the installer project out from cvs and get a clean working build
(you'll need to have vc++ 6.0 sp5).

Thanks,
Curt