[ANN] YARV: Yet Another RubyVM 0.1.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by SASADA Koichi, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I released YARV: Yet Another RubyVM 0.1.0.

    YARV Home page: http://www.atdot.net/yarv/
    YARV 0.1.0 : http://www.atdot.net/yarv/yarv-0.1.0.tar.gz

    * What's this?

    YARV is Virtual Machine for Programming Language Ruby.

    The goal of this project is to develop the fastest
    Virtual Machine for Ruby in the world.

    You can see how fast YARV works.
    http://www.atdot.net/yarv/bench-20050110-rev120-cygwin.txt

    * YARV can:

    - Parse some ruby scripts
    - Execute some ruby scripts
    - AOT compiler (Ruby -> C) (very partial)

    * YARV can't:

    - Parse all ruby scripts
    - Execute all ruby scripts

    Especially, YARV has many incompatibility with current ruby
    interpreter.

    * How to install and use:

    See http://www.atdot.net/yarv/

    * Remarks

    We have mailing list to discuss about YARV in English.

    This project is supported by IPA (Information-technology
    Promotion Agency, Japan) "Exploratory Software Project (youth)".

    Thanks,
    --
    // SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net
    //

    SASADA Koichi, Jan 10, 2005

  2. SASADA Koichi

    Aredridel Guest

    Aredridel, Jan 10, 2005

  3. THANK you very much for your efforts! I 'll try it now!

    regards,
    George

    George Moschovitis, Jan 10, 2005