anonymous problem

GaryDean

I have an anonymous directory in my Form Authentication Website that allows
anonymous users <allow users="?">. Pages work fine for anonymous users but
strange errors occur when an authenticated user uses the pages.

Any guesses why this would occur?
Thanks,
Garyh

Göran Andersson

GaryDean said:
I have an anonymous directory in my Form Authentication Website that allows
anonymous users <allow users="?">. Pages work fine for anonymous users but
strange errors occur when an authenticated user uses the pages.

Any guesses why this would occur?
Thanks,
Garyh

I haven't seen any StrangeException class, so... What "strange" errors?

Göran Andersson

GaryDean said:
session memory doesn't work

That's a bit better, but it's still not clear enough to do anything with it.

What do you mean when you say that it "doesn't work"? What happens, and
how does that differ from what you expect? Do you get any error
messages? Can you show any of the code where this happens?

GaryDean

page A puts something in session memory, page B reads it. Works if the user
is anonymous does not work if the user is an autheticated user. The session
memory does not persist if the user is an authenticated user.

Göran Andersson

GaryDean said:
page A puts something in session memory, page B reads it. Works if the user
is anonymous does not work if the user is an autheticated user. The session
memory does not persist if the user is an authenticated user.

The session and the authentication aren't really related, so it's likely
that the problem isn't actually related to the authentication at all,
but has a different reason.