    telling me exactly how I can fix the problem, ideally if I post my
    javascript coding within the editor.

    Thanks so much....

    TrvlOrm, May 5, 2004

  2. TrvlOrm

    Matt Kruse Guest

    TrvlOrm wrote:
    > Can any one please tell me where I can find a really good Free
    > JavaScript Editor on the net?

    This has been discussed here recently, you should check google groups for
    previous discussions.

    > I need the editor to tell me exactly what I am doing incorrectly, and
    > telling me exactly how I can fix the problem

    Ah, so you don't want an editor, you want a consultant.
    They are more expensive :)

    --
    Matt Kruse
    Javascript Toolbox: http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/

    Matt Kruse, May 5, 2004

  3. TrvlOrm

    Ron Guest

    TrvlOrm wrote:

    >Hi There,
    >
    >Can any one please tell me where I can find a really good Free
    >JavaScript Editor on the net?
    >
    >I am looking at either a evaluation copy (Free trial) or a really
    >cheap but good editor that I can download.

    Heya TrvlOrm,
    I don't know of any free javascript editors, but:

    >I need the editor to tell me exactly what I am doing incorrectly, and
    >telling me exactly how I can fix the problem, ideally if I post my
    >javascript coding within the editor.

    Mozilla's Javascript Console, distributed with Firefox and the Mozilla
    browser, shows you exactly where it encountered a problem and offers
    more information on the problem than IE (Usually, you can double-click
    on the problem to go to the specific line in your script). You can
    download Mozilla or Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org .

    Ron, May 5, 2004
  4. TrvlOrm

    Mel Guest

    If you want to use an editor more that a 2 hours a day, it pays to learn Gnu
    Emacs
    i have been using it for over 14 years for all kinds of languages, including
    html. it has highlighting, and more

    Mel, May 7, 2004