Any way to reinitialize IIS on Win2003?

dgk

It's our testing server and someone managed to zap it so that Default
Web Site won't start. It complains about some file being in use. Can
we reinstall IIS and start over without scrapping the whole thing?

Juan T. Llibre

Scrapping *what* thing ?

Do you mean the OS ?
If you do mean the OS, that's generally not needed.

Backing up your website files, uninstalling IIS and the .Net Framework,
reinstalling IIS and the .Net Framework ( in that order ) and restoring
your websites should fix any IIS/.NET installation/zapping problems.

dgk

Scrapping *what* thing ?

Do you mean the OS ?
If you do mean the OS, that's generally not needed.

Backing up your website files, uninstalling IIS and the .Net Framework,
reinstalling IIS and the .Net Framework ( in that order ) and restoring
your websites should fix any IIS/.NET installation/zapping problems.
Yes, thanks, that was a bit imprecise. I meant the OS.