Developing Web Service in VS2005 on Win2003 Server: Need environment suggestions

sinisa.stokic

I would like some suggestions about a particular developer's
environment problem I'm having.

I have a developer who has VS2003 installed on his "primary" machine.
(A descision has been made by the development group not to load VS2003
and VS2005 concurrently on a machine. I personally have tried this and
found no ill effects. Has anybody had any problems with this
scenario?) This developer has temporarily inherited a machine with
WIN2003Server. He installed VS2005. Everything seems to have
installed properly. The developer cannot set the local website
properly. We suspect that it is an IIS issue, but things seem fine
there too. Another developer running Win2000 WorkStation and VS2005 is
not having any problems. (Should the first developer be trying to
develop on Win2003 Server, and "patch" the problems, or abondon this
approach and dual install VS2003 & VS2005.

I appologize for the confusion in the post, but this issue as a whole
has my pretty confused too.

~sinisa

Darren Kopp

I run 2003 and 2005 with no problems (i'm on xp, websites on 2003
server). Make sure that in IIS, that the ASP.Net version is properly
set for the virtual directory. Also, seperate 1.1 applications and 2.0
applications into different application pools (2003 server only). That
should solve all problems.

HTH,
Darren Kopp
http://blog.secudocs.com/