IE Web Controls on Windows Server 2003...

Blue Streak

SFX: Banging head against wall...

*Thud! Thud! Thud!*

Hello, folks.

I am trying to get a web application to work on a Windows Server
2003 (standard edition) Intranet server. It uses a number of the IE
Web Controls. Right now, it is sitting pretty in a test environment on
a Windows 2000 Professional machine. Both the Win2000 and Win2003
machines have .NET Framework v1.1 installed.

The application works fine on the Win2000 machine but it is not
able to fully display the pages properly on the Win2003 machine (i.e. a
tab strip does not display in the screen). There are no error messages
appearing when the page renders on either server.

Under Windows 2000 IIS the file "Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll"
must be placed in the "c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin" folder while the
"webctrl_client" folder resides in "c:\Inetpub\wwwroot".

Under Windows 2003 IIS any compiled ASP.NET files (i.e. DLL files)
can be placed in the application folder itself (e.g.
"c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sampleapp\bin") then the application can access
them. This didn't seem to work for the IE Web Controls.

In an attempt to troubleshoot this I tried copying the files as
such:

\wwwroot
\webctrl_client
\bin
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll
\sampleapp
\webctrl_client
\bin
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll

but the application still won't work with the IE Web Controls.

How can I get IE Web Controls to work?

Am I missing anything?

TIA...

Patrick.O.Ige

Blue don't bang you head againt the wall it will get worse..
I have posted how to install it here at : http://spaces.msn.com/naijacoder
Just make sure the images etc are installed in the right folders
it should work
If problem persist let me know
Patrick

alonav

I have the same problem,
I followed all steps and still no luck.
I have it working on a server 2003 enterprize edition (2 servers) bu
can't get it to work on a server 2003 standard edition.
I even tried to install the .NET Framework 1.1 SD

-
alona