App.Config cached for DLL called by ASP.Net?

CrazyOnYou

I've been trying to figure out an issue that's happened twice when
deploying changes to configuration file for a .Net DLL used by an
ASP.Net 2.0 Web Service. We deploy to servers using RANT and portions
of the config files that could be different between servers are
represented by tokens that are filled in as the files are deployed to
each server.

The relevant version numbers are: Windows 2000 Server w/latest service
packs, ASP.Net 2.0 Web Service, Code Library/DLL written in Visual
Basic.Net 2005.

The symptoms are that we change the token, redeploy the file, observe
that the file is changed on the server, but don't see the change
reflected in the DLL's behaviour when invoked by the Web Service.

I've tried redeploying all of the files, stopping/starting IIS, and
editing the ASMX and VB files in the Web Service to force recompiles,
but the changes to the DLL's App.CONFIG don't appear to be forthcoming.

No doubt there is a simple, elegant answer that I'm blindly
overlooking...

Thx,

Gilbert Marlowe

Shailen Sukul

try modifying the date modified on the web.config file to force iis to
reload its settings ..

--
With Regards
Shailen Sukul